Requirements for a marriage license issued by Thurston County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the
State of Nebraska you can not marry if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are under
age 19. The parental consent forms are available at the County
- Both applicants must supply a form of photo identification
(Example: Drivers license or passport).
- Will need to know the birthplace of both the bride and
- Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s maiden
name, and birthplaces.
- Social Security number for both bride and groom.
- If either applicant has a previous marriage, you will need
to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce degree or
date of death.)
- There are no blood tests required in the State of Nebraska.
- Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from the date of
- The applicants may apply for their marriage license in any
county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any County in
- The fee to receive a marriage license is $25.00.
To receive a Thurston County certified marriage license you will
need to send the following information and a $9.00 check or money
Name of Groom
Name of Bride (please include maiden name)
Month/Year of marriage
(You must have received your marriage license in Thurston County
for us to send you a certified copy.)
Please mail to:
Thurston County Clerk
P. O. Box 159
Pender, NE 68047
Marriage License Worksheet